Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone: The Movie!

This is not your average review. This is a "Harry Potter Movie Review"!

HP and sorcs stone

Although Richard Harris, may he rest in peace, was a brilliant actor, he comes off a little senile.

Harry throws Dudley a great look of disgust while Dudley complains about having too few presents. And people said Daniel Radcliffe couldn't act!

Uncle Vernon is such a dick. "Look Harry, I'm burning your letters! It's fun! Care to try your hand at it?"

Whenever I imagined the island the Dursleys fled to, I imagined something with at least trees and grass. Not just a solitary rock with a pointless, two story shack on it. Who builds a house out there?

Hagrid could have been bigger.

What did Lily and James do for a living to acquire that mountain of gold?

Check it out! Verne Troyer, a.k.a. Minime, as Griphook the goblin! Crazy!

Thank goodness Hagrid showed up when he did because I'm pretty sure Mr. Ollivander is a pedophile.

Aw! Adorable little Bonnie Wright (a.k.a. Ginny)! Who knew she'd grow up to be such a fox?

I personally like Rupert Grint's acting better during this movie. He's seriously cracking me up every time he talks.

Little Emma Watson! She grows up to be the hotness too! Hahaha! Sorry, I'm freaking out over how young they all look in this movie. No more. I promise.

I don't like how they made room for Trevor the toad, but not Peeves. Lame.

Why does the Sorting Hat shout Harry's anxieties for the whole great hall to hear? That's not cool Sorting Hat.

Ron seems genuinely shocked that the Sorting Hat actually called his name. I guess he was hoping to get out of it somehow.

This is the first time I noticed: When Ron is talking to Nearly Headless Nick, a Weasley twin grabs something off his plate! Ha! What a thief!

Does anyone else think Hermione is super obnoxious when she says, "Nearly headless"?

I only remember eight Gryffindor students in Harry's year, but there must be twenty of them following Percy to the dormitory.

Snape. What a mean guy.

What the heck is up with Madam Hooch's eyes? And why do we never see her again? And why didn't she have a broom? This scene is full of flaws!

Neville is the only one to follow directions and everyone yells at him for it, including Madam Hooch.

Draco Malfoy was perfectly cast. What a brat.

How on earth did they get that enormous dog inside?

It's "Levi-OH-sa", not "Levi-yo-SAW"!

Dude, I totally want to go to a Hogwarts Halloween feast right now.

That was a mountain troll? I've seen bigger hill trolls!

Nice of Snape to wish Harry good luck on his quidditch match, right? What the hell?

I think a new wizard sport should be to ride the bucking broomstick.

Harry puts balls in his mouth and none of his friends make sexual jokes. I guess they ARE only eleven.

"Hermione knows a spell when she sees one. She's read all about them." I should hope so. She's going to a friggin school of magic.

The Christmas caroling ghosts were pretty terrifying.

They cut out one of my favorite lines in the entire book series:
Harry- "I've got presents?"
Ron- "What'd you expect? Turnips?"
Classic.

I want an invisibility cloak.

And a mirror of Erised.

And a Dragon.

And a million dollars. (Hey, as long as I'm wishing for stuff, right?)

Filch "misses the screaming". What a seriously disturbed individual.

The forbidden forest would be a great place to play paintball.

Hermione jinxes Harry:
Hermione- "As long as Dumbledore is here, you're safe."
McGonagall- "Dumbledore isn't here."
Harry- "Shit."

Hahaha! At 1:51:36 there's a girl who's been in detention so long, she's a ghost now!

Harry is Fred, and Ron and Hermione are Velma and Daphne. Solve the mystery guys. Neville and his toad are Shaggy and Scooby.

In the trapdoor scene, the camera goes straight up Hermione's skirt! What a perverted director.

Harry touches Quirrell, and Quirrell bursts into flames. I hope Harry thinks twice about touching himself...

Well, Professor Quirrell, let's take off that mask and see who you really are... Lord Voldemort!? He would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for those meddling kids.

Voldemort, go! Use ghost attack! It's super effective!

Thank goodness Dumbledore will always be around to protect harry and explain everything (I'm in denial).

I always love how Dumbledore gave Gryffindor just enough points to beat Slytherin. Kind of playing favorites, Dumbledore?

And so, Harry goes home to torment his cousin until the summer break is over. What a hero.

You know, I don't think I said "Sorcerer's Stone" a single time in this whole review. How odd.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your accident (found you from Cheapskate mom and she mentioned it, I'm not a stalker, lol!). Loved this post, hilarious! Just wanted to mention, we seem to like the same books, and thought you might appreciate Kelley Armstrong. Check out her website, she has free online stories to see if you like her style. I promise I'm not a spam bot, she is just that good I have to tell people I think might like her. She specializes in werewolves. www.kelleyarmstrong.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your thoughts on Harry Potter. I think the same way during movies... only people hate it because I sit there and say it out loud while we are in the theater! Anyway... nice to know I'm not the only one who knows Harry isn't a saint... but likes him anyway :)

    ReplyDelete